Monday, March 16, 2009

Back To The Grind

Today was my first day back in my actual "office" after more than a week, and my first office day since the "Rock The Red Tour" ended. And finally time for my portable acrylic Alex Ovechkin model to settle into his new home on my desk. Like the great competitor he is, he got right down to business and challenged my Kings Bailey bobble head to a little game of desktop hockey. Bailey controlled the puck on the face off, but just barely....



Unfortunately this little desk face off was the happiest moment in my hockey day today. The Kings lost a rough one to the Nashville Predators tonight....arguably a team we should have beaten with only half our guys using sticks. It got physical and we had trouble controlling the puck. Here's just one of Drew's more physical moments....



And to make matters worse, the Caps lost! The hockey gods have forsaken me! And now the Kings are gone on an extended road trip, so I don't get to see another home game until March 31, coincidentally the day I get back from Mayercraft Carrier 2. Oh yeah, guess I should start packing for that...

But first I'm off to Phoenix tomorrow for meetings until Friday. Note to self - work pays the bills. At least tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day, or as I'm now calling it, "St. Patty O'Sullivan Day."



Miss ya Sully!

No comments:

Post a Comment