Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Upgrades



After a restless nights sleep owing to jet lag and too many time changes in too few days, I turned right back around and got on another Southwest flight this afternoon, headed for Las Vegas to work for the rest of the week. During our crazy class schedule in January, we had trainers from the other West zone states help us out in California, so we owed them a favor. As a result, I'm in Vegas to ride along with field reps and help them with shop negotiations. No rest for the weary, I'm afraid.

I rent from Hertz every time I travel for work, and lately they've been putting my car in the farthest parking spot possible. Now, if I have to make a hike but the car is cool, it's not so bad. Then again, my last run of car seleections hasn't exactly wowed me either. So you can imagine my surprise when I saw this Infiniti with my name on it....nice!



One big upside to this trip is my hotel accommodations. Since the economy is so bad, and hotels are practically giving away rooms, I'm living in luxury at the Bellagio this week. Normally rooms in this place hover around $300 a night, far in excess of Progressive's approved rate for business travel. But since Vegas is really hurting for business right now, Tammy and I got in for $159 a night. I love a good bargain!

Walking into the lobby reminded me of my trip to Venice last year. The ceiling is covered with the most amazing art glass.





And just off the lobby is a conservatory covered in spring flowers.



And the newest feature in the conservatory is a greenhouse filled with mammoth butterflies.



On to the room, and here again there was plenty to enjoy. Nice view, good sized room, and a tub designed for soaking away stress! Just what the doctor ordered...





And you gotta love all the little extras, including motorized curtains, an armoire style closet complete with shoe cubbies (my fave!), and a hidden safe for all those Blackjack bucks!





And I have to give special props to the mini bar. I highly recommend the Bellagio signature kettle chips...the perfect snack while I get settled in.






Now if I can just get some decent sleep tonight, the day will be perfect. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment