Sunday, April 4, 2010

An Easter For The Record Books

What do you get when you combine 8 people, 3 dogs, a mountain of food, and an earthquake? A California Easter Celebration hosted by my friends John and Nadine Donat! They sure know how to throw a party!

I love the fact that I have an incredibly diverse group of friends, but I was more pleased to find out we have a couple of things in common - we're all great cooks and we LOVE to eat. And none of us know how to do things on a small scale, so we had enough food for an army. If any of this looks good to you, contact Nadine because I'm pretty sure she STILL has leftovers.













The doggies, of course, were very excited about Easter as well, because food and people in the house means snacks for them too. But Momma Denie has them very well trained and they know they have to wait outside until they get invited in. Bailey (left) was a little more patient than Ziggy, who barked the entire time.



Now I ask you, HOW do you resist that adorable little face?



Or that adorable big one?



Bailey is tall enough to see what's on the table. Luckily, he's pretty good about not stealing things....but we kept everything out of tongues reach just to be on the safe side.



Of course, if you're Sasha, you're only interested in beer. She's definitely Daddy's dog...



Special thanks to Bob and Natalie Adams, Chelsea Alexander, Aaron and Blake Danchik, and of course Nadine and John for not only being great cooks but excellent company as well! We shared a lot of laughs and got one HUGE surprise.

No, it wasn't the earthquake. We didn't even feel it, we just found out about it when my sister texted me from the East Coast checking to make sure I was OK.

The big surprise of the day was the news that the Kings CLINCHED A PLAY-OFF SPOT! That's right, we're going to the play-offs for the first time in 8 years!

Come to think of it, that must be what caused the earthquake....

2 comments:

  1. wow, you had quite an easter feast!

    Thank you for commenting on my blog. Did you really try the coin crackers recipe? Are they really that simple? I have been wanting to try, but I'm a lousy baker who hadn't had much success in baking (except the simple chocolate chips cookies), so I have been hesitating to try the recipe. But I will...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recipe Junkie, you are most welcome! The blue cheese coins is a very simple recipe - and I probably should have shared them with my friends, but I figured we had enough food anyway. Next time for sure.

    ReplyDelete