Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Work vs. Play

There was a time in my life when I thought work was the key to everything. All I had to do was be as successful as possible at work, and everything else in my life would be perfect. After 20 years in the workforce and 15 at the same company, I've learned a few things. One of those things is that the "Success = Happiness" formula doesn't work. Or more precisely, that there is so much more to happiness than professional success.

This revelation made writing an e-mail to my boss I would have once considered career suicide very easy. In essence, I confirmed I'm probably going to be missing the biggest meeting in my department all year...to be at a hockey game. You see, since the Kings clinched the play-offs, the projected home game dates conflict with the meeting dates. And since it took the Kings 8 years to get to this point, I'm not gonna miss my chance to see them in the post season. Work, on the other hand, will still be there long after the play-offs are over.

Using these is gonna be special.



If I get to use these, I'll be in heaven.



And if I get to use these this year, I will have reached a state of pure NIRVANA!



Time to rock the "Black Magic" jersey....



GO KINGS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment