Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Life After Hockey Season

So now the Kings season is over, and my weeks and weekends are no longer carefully scheduled around home games at Staples Center, pre- and post-game rituals and TV schedules for away games.

In truth, a TRUE hockey fan never really takes time off from the game, because the "off-season" has plenty to offer, especially this year.
  • The amateur draft is being held here in Los Angeles at the end of June.
  • The NHL Awards (where we find out if Drew wins his first Norris Trophy) are June 23rd in Las Vegas.
  • Free agency begins July 1st, and the "Fro, or No Fro" question will finally get answered for the Kings.
  • Prospect Development Camp is normally in July, and presents a great opportunity to see some future Kings while they're still growing up.
Still, having a little break from obsessing over hockey is a healthy thing. And given that I "lost" most of last summer moving into a new place, I've got a long list of overdue projects and other things I hope to tackle this summer. So here's a list of some of the non-hockey related things I hope to accomplish during the "off-season."
  • Loose the last 20 pounds and meet my "In Training" goal.
  • Work through a pile of magazines and books I haven't had time to read.
  • Finish 7 in-progress scrapbook projects.
  • Finally start scrapbooks for my trips to Ireland (2006) and my Mediterranean Cruise (2008).
  • Turn this entire mess into greeting cards.
  • Try out a pile of recipes I've collected over the past 10 years and never had time to cook.
  • Get back to playing tennis with Nadine.
  • See my nephew play Little League baseball for the first time since he was T-ball age.
  • Work on having a better tan than I got last summer.
And somewhere in between all of that....RELAX.

Yeah, that last one....not gonna happen.....I've got too much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment