Monday, April 5, 2010

In Training: A Step Back

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time. Seeing as I've never REALLY gotten back to my pre-holiday training routine (and the holidays ended 3 months ago), I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at the latest news from the scale - I've officially gained back 5 pounds.

I'd noticed a little fluctuation going the wrong direction for a couple of weeks now, but it would always somehow manage to readjust. Then the Easter Bunny arrived and things went to hell in the proverbial hand basket.



If you looked at the pictures of Easter, you saw how good everything was, and I overindulged. OK, maybe that's putting it mildly. When I went back to work Monday, I felt like Godzilla after he ate the entire city of Tokyo.

Am I discouraged? Absolutely! Am I giving up? HELL NO! My Momma and Daddy didn't raise a quitter. And I learned another great lesson from this setback. Success is a journey, not a destination. You have to keep working at it. And I'm still halfway to my goal even with the 5 pound gain. I just have to get back at working my plan.


I have 4 months left and 25 pounds to lose...

Only 6 pounds a month...

Or 1.5 pounds a week...

I CAN DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment