Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Time for a Makeover!

One of the great things about interacting with people on Facebook, Twitter and the myriad of other social networking sites I spend time on is discovering how many bloggers are out there. In addition to checking out content in their respective subject matter or area of interest, I always enjoy looking at how their blog is designed. And the more blogs I've seen lately, the more bored I got with my blog design.

One of the blogs I regularly read is written by my friend Meagan Shemenski. She's a scrapbooker and photo buff like me, and I noticed the other day she got a new format for her blog that totally caught my eye. Part of the beauty of social networking is being able to ask someone "How did you do that?" And just as I was getting ready to shoot her a note requesting more information, I noticed a little title in the top left corner of her blog. One click took me to this site:

http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/home.html

There I found wonderfully creative backgrounds and banners, with instructions for loading them into most of the popular blog formats. They even have an entire section just on Blogger, which I use. In less than 5 minutes, I was easily trying out new backgrounds. It took a little longer to decide which one I liked best, and create my new Kings-themed header, but now I have a new design I absolutely love.

Change is good! Welcome to the new and improved A Life Less Ordinary...

3 comments:

  1. I like the new layout... but you need to get a picture of Sully in an Oilers jersey. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look! You crack me up with all the hockey pictures, I have to constantly remind myself you are a fan not a player- I think you have more jerseys than the players do :) That is what I love about you, your loyalty runs deep girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah! glad i inspired you. i really need to give a shout out to my blogger friend who inspired me. :) now- i need a cool header like you, so you've inspired me right back. :0

    ReplyDelete