Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bargain Shopping, LA Kings Style



As every sports fan is well aware, compiling a wardrobe of logo gear to support your team is expensive. Now, I haven't priced football or baseball jerseys in a long time, but I would venture to say hockey jerseys are some of the more expensive ones out there at around $200 a pop. And those are the cheap ones.

So any occasion to save on hockey stuff is cause for celebration. Hence my journey to the LA team store at Staples Center this morning, to brave the madness of their outdoor clearance sale. For up to 90% off on some of this stuff, I can be convinced to stand in line for a bit in my comfy shoes. Plus, the Staples staff thought ahead and provided us with some entertainment via a jazz band. The xylophone dude and the bass player have the right idea. It just figures the drummer would be a Clippers fan....



There were bargains aplenty, with most of the stuff outside on sale for less than $30. WAY less in some cases...the Kings paper crowns were a bargain at 25 cents! Calendars were a dollar, so I picked up a couple of those since they normally have good player photos.



But the best deal of the day was the "Grab Bag Special." When you entered the sale, you got a 12" clear plastic bag, into which you could cram as much sale stuff as possible. Everything that fit in the bag would be $50....period. For once, my frequent travel experience came in handy. I am an expert at packing clothes, and I managed to get all these into that little bag....



... along with this !



Two t-shirts, a player jersey, AND a purse for $50. I rule! So what if Sully doesn't play for the Kings anymore. I still love him, and that poor jersey looked so sad laying on the table buried in Lakers t-shirts that I just didn't have the heart to leave it there. Sully deserves better.

Of course, his 8X10 glossy was my best deal of the day - only 10 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment