Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Cute Guy, A Cheesecake...and a Box

Today is my birthday, which over time has become somewhat of a double edged sword for me. While I love celebrating, being reminded of getting older isn't the most fun thing in the world. On top of that, I've been trying to rebuild my vacation time, so I planned to work. Wednesdays don't exactly scream "Time to party!"

As the day got started, and the birthday wishes rolled in on my Facebook page, I was feeling a little frisky. So I posted this status update....

Meg Jarrell appreciates the MANY birthday wishes ALREADY today! Now the real question...where's my cake with the cute guy jumping out of it?

After work, dinner at Cheesecake Factory with my good friends Micah, Allison, Paul and Yurika gave me both the cake and the guy, just packaged a little differently.

This is my guy! I know Jordan's a little young for me, but I love him to pieces anyway. But seriously, he's Micah and Allison's little boy, and I just adore him. He's walking now, and pronounces word so clearly I know full sentences are going to start coming any day. I can't think of a more fun date for my big day.



And this is the cake....Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake! Yes, it is absolutely as decadent as it sounds, and there was none left.





MANY, MANY thank to Allison and Micah for getting the dinner together. Not only are they two of the best parents you'll ever meet, they're two of the best friends on the planet.





Packages are always fun on your big day, and Michelle's had made it all the way from NYC to my doorstep when I finally got home. Talk about perfect timing!



I opened the box, and the first thing that fell out was one of 3 hockey t-shirts! Oh, she knows me so well!!! Now I have cooler stuff to wear on my dates with the treadmill!





And cushioned by the t-shirts was another gift...beautifully wrapped, I might add...



...containing a BEAUTIFUL, leather covered recipe book! It's almost too nice for my kitchen!



And it's already partially filled with some of Michelle's favorite recipes! Let the kitchen adventures commence!!!



Now that I'm done modeling the shirts and reading through the recipes, it's too late to call and say thanks. That will be tomorrow. So I'm going to bed, grateful for the love and thoughtfulness of my friends. How did I get so lucky?

I guess getting older isn't so bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment