Thursday, April 15, 2010

Kings Stanley Cup Play-off Season: Round 1, Game 1

Having your team finally make the Stanley Cup Play-offs after 8 long years is sheer joy. Waiting for the series to start is nothing sort of agony. My stomach was upset, I couldn't sleep...I was worried and excited at the same time about the start of the Kings play-off experience.

So it was nice to see the city of Los Angeles finally wake up, remember we have a pretty great hockey team, AND put them on the front page of the sports section.



Hmmm, 8 years since the last play-off.....star player wears number 8.....WOW, I think I just felt little hairs raise up on the back of my neck!!! We have GOOSEBUMPS, people!

The Kings were sponsoring a "Watch Party" at the ESPN Zone downtown, but instead I headed down to Redondo Beach to enjoy Game 1 with Jen and Brianna at the Redondo Beach Cafe. Much more mellow, great hockey fans, and poutine! And BEER!



We were all on the edge of our seats the entire game, which was fast paced and awesome. Just everything you want from play-off hockey. Although Vancouver also has these creepy green things that haunt the players in the penalty box...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkXvwG8xKJI


Jeez, am I glad I'm not a Canucks fan. And going to RBC instead of ESPN was a stroke of genius, since I forgot there was a Taylor Swift concert at Staples Center. Traffic getting home was stupid crazy!

The Kings, unfortunately, did not win, but I was so proud of how they played, and the game went into overtime before the Canucks finally got the go-ahead goal. If we keep the same level of intensity throughout the series, we're gonna be just fine.

So now the nerves are gone, and it's all about the joy of the play-off experience. I'm looking forward to some more kick-ass Kings action at Game 2 on Saturday. You can find me at the ESPN Zone across from Staples Center if you want to join the party.

GO KINGS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment