Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Goodbye, Old Friend

As much as I was ready for a new car, I feel like my old Sebring deserves a proper tribute to say good bye. It was the first convertible I ever owned, the first car I ever bought in California, and only the second car I bought totally by myself. I had it for 9 years, and while no car is perfect, this one was very good to me.


Some of the memorable moments we shared....
  • Numerous trips running airport shuttle service to pick up Tanya, Leah, Michelle and anyone else that came to visit me
  • Two Jimmy Buffett concerts (and tailgates) in San Diego, CA with Tanya
  • Countless UCLA tailgate parties at the Rose Bowl
  • Trips to Dodger Stadium with Micah
  • Too many John Mayer concerts in Southern CA to count
  • One memorable trip home late at night from Pasadena to Burbank after too many margaritas, resulting in a collision with my parking lot pole at home and $1200 of body work paid out of pocket to avoid the insurance premium hike
  • Transportation to the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel for a memorable Thanksgiving dinner with Gerry in 1999
  • Tanya leaving a henna tattoo mark on the passenger seat after a visit to the Santa Monica pier
  • Trip to Las Vegas with Kris and Cathy Rutkowski that turned into the "how many men can Meg make out with?" weekend
  • Serving as a demonstration vehicle for my total loss classes to practice identifying options and applying condition ratings correctly (do I get a tax write-off for that?)
And that doesn't include getting me back and forth to work, the airport, Starbucks, Taco Bell, the mall, and any place else I've ever wanted to go, every day of the past 9 years of my life.

Farewell, old friend. You've earned a vacation...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment