Thursday, September 25, 2008

This is What My Brain Looks Like

I was reorganizing my CD collection the other day, pulling out things I hadn't looked at in a while and reading the liner notes. Although I've begrudgingly joined the iPod generation, I still love buying CD's and reading all the details, song lyrics and thank you notes in the liner that tell you the creative story behind the music.

One of my choices was John Mayer's "Continuum," which includes a photo of the mixing board in his recording studio with the caption "This is what my heart looks like...". I thought it was a genius way to visually sum up the role that atmosphere and environment has on our creative process. When you work in a grey standard issue cubicle, inspiration for creativity doesn't exactly come out of your environment without some help. Which is why we all tend to personalize our environment in some way to keep us motivated.

Hence, I share photos of my fully decorated work cubicle, where inspired training ideas to come to life (at least some of the time).



I have an entire corner dedicated to the LA Kings. My O'Sullivan tribute wall is the left side, and all the other team stuff is on the right.




This is my photo collage, which hangs on the wall I face when I have my computer set up. I get a lot of inspiration from visual stuff, plus I love seeing my friends smiling back at me when I'm having a bad day.



This corner is kind of a hodgepodge. Photo of my nephews, iPod docking station, and some fun awards and figurines people have given me over the years that still make me smile.



And last but not least, the ever-present Starbucks drink of choice (currently Venti iced Green-Tea Lemonade unsweetened), and my water mug.



With all this inspiration around, I should probably get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment