Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hockey+ Shopping = Happiness

Yesterday Nadine and I headed to the Toyota Sports Center to watch some of the LA Kings pre-season hockey camp. She brought her husbands camera, which has sports photo mode, and it was awesome to hear her clicking away like a pro. My shots are not as good as hers, but I got a few keepers. The middle row photo is the latest shot of my favorite new rookie, Drew Doughty. He played very well yesterday and is already getting positive press from the coaches, so I'm really hoping he makes the big team this year.





And here's one piece of video I shot yesterday of Kings forward Anze Kopitar attempting to rip off one of Alex Ovechkin's favorite scoring moves, which I'm sure has a name but I call the "Spin and Shoot." It's a genius way to hide the puck from the goalie so they don't know which angle you're going to shoot from. It happens about 1 minute into the video, so be a little patient with the stuff until then. Unfortunately, Anze didn't score, so I guess his move still needs a little work. AO, of course, would have put it in the net the first time....



I've got more videos that I'll throw up on YouTube later today, so all you hockey fans out there can get more Kings Camp action. Here's a link to my channel:

http://www.youtube.com/sullyfan12

Of course, the only dark spot on my perfect day was the absence of Patrick O'Sullivan at camp. Sully and his agent are still in a protracted negotiation over his contract with the Kings. I caught up with Daryl Evans, who does radio commentary for the Kings and asked him about the situation. I was extremely bummed that it sounds like Sully and his agent are the ones holding out at this point...but I'm still hoping he'll come around. I miss my #12!

On a positive note, our first pre-season game is Monday at Staples Center, so I'll have lots more hockey to blog about!

Almost forgot! In all my hockey excitement, I didn't mention we also went shopping and had an incredibly successful day! Very excited to find the perfect "little black dress" for Nadine in the Calvin Klein department at Macy's. I was so excited to see her rockin' that dress, I forgot to get a photo....

No comments:

Post a Comment