Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mayercaft Carrier Day 2: Halfway to Cabo

Today was our first full day on the boat, and our plan was pretty simple - get some sun and check out some music. A beautiful sunrise got us off to the proper start.



Michelle is still on East Coast time, so she headed out a couple of hours before I did, and we hooked up later. It was warm but very windy on deck, which did not make for the best sunbathing conditions, at least for me. When I'm getting sun, I like feeling the sweat so I know I'm working at it. But we both got some color, and after grabbing some lunch we started checking out music for the day.

First up was Japanese/Canadian/American singer-songwriter Justin Nozuka.





I only know one of his songs ("After Tonight") from radio, and I was pleased to discover this kid has a ton more going for him. Incredible voice, really knows how to interpret a lyric. He did a cover of "Ain't No Sunshine" and absolutely KILLED it! He's added to my iTunes wish list as of now!

After a nap and some dinner, we caught James Hunter at the El Morocco. Besides John, he is the artist I was most looking forward to seeing.



The best way to describe his performance is like watching the British love child of Elvis Presley-Chuck Berry-James Brown, with a little Sam & Dave style 50's croon thrown in. Such an incredible voice! As Austin Powers would say, "It was swingin', baby!" James' website design is also tres cool, so check it out. And order his CD pronto! You won't regret it.

http://www.jameshuntermusic.com/

Our day ended on the Lido Deck with the boys from O.A.R.





They rocked it out. Absolutely everything you want in a band. All killer, no filler. Enough said.

Now we're off to bed. Busy day in Cabo San Lucas tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment