Monday, March 30, 2009

Mayercaft Carrier Day 4: The Big Show!

Finally the moment I'd been waiting for the entire trip arrived - John's main stage show! We were lucky enough to get seats right in front of the sound board, which meant we were in the best spot acoustically, and I could look over my shoulder and watch Chad work his magic. WE LOVE CHAD!



The set list was amazing...although now that I think about it I've never been to a show of John's without an amazing set list. In no particular order, here's what I remember him playing.

Belief
Good Love is on the Way
Crossroads
Mercy
Wheel
Vultures
Bigger Than My Body
Don't Trust Myself with Loving You
Gravity



Lots of extended solos, and quite a bit of audience interaction compared to last year! At one point, he took the mic and answered questions from fans in the crowd. He even gave shout-outs to a couple of fans in particular....someone named Debbie who tapes all his shows and shares them with the universe for free. He dedicated Gravity to her! I wanna be Debbie!!!!!





The best part was the encore...an excellent mash-up of Marvin Gaye's "Inner City Blues" and Peter Gabriel's "Digging in the Dirt," accompanied by DJ Logic! Just like being back on tour in 2004!

Thanks to John for an incredible 2 1/2 hours of ultimate Mayer-ness!!!!

Now get to work on the new album....

No comments:

Post a Comment