Monday, December 29, 2008

Everything That Could Have Gone Wrong Did

I was looking forward to the Kings game tonight all day long. It's my first live game in 2 weeks because of my trip back home for Christmas. I woke up early this morning, it was sunny and beautiful when I left the house, and just about everything seemed perfect.

Then around noon, everything started to change. Nadine e-mailed me to say she might get stuck at work and miss the game. "Stay optimistic!" I told myself. "She hates missing games."

She called me later to confirm we were still on...good news! Then the real problems started. She got stuck in over 2 hours of horrific traffic. I parked in a new lot ($5 vs $15 and only one block farther away), and the lot attendant pissed me off by leaning on my car. When Nadine finally arrived, the lines to get in were crazy. Just when we scanned our tickets, we discovered she brought the wrong ones....back out of line to the Kings customer service window (and waiting in another line) to swap them for reprints of the correct ones. Back through another long security line. Missed the puck drop for the first time this season...crap!

Hard fought game, but unfortunately another loss, to a team we have absolutely OWNED so far this season. AARGH!!!! Damn Blue Jackets....

Here's the video of the offending goal that lost us the game, despite Drew Doughty's best efforts on defense.



And unfortunately no additional wins for Drew in the Lucky Jersey contest, but he remains in the lead with 2 wins to Sully's 1.

Let's hope we have better luck Saturday against the Flyers...

No comments:

Post a Comment