Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Jersey and Pucks and Goals...Oh My!!!

I actually started this blog post the weekend before last after the Kings overtime loss to the Colorado Avalanche on November 22. In all the excitement of the Meet the Players Party the next day, and subsequent trips to Seattle and Portland, I just realized I never finished it. Proof, I suppose, that life is sometimes one never ending to-do list. So while I'm waiting for my facial mask to cure, I have a few minutes to brag about my recent hockey memorabilia acquisitions.

I acquired the first two items on Russian Heritage night after the Kings victory over Alex Ovechkin and the Caps. At the party after, they had some signed AO stuff on a silent auction. I was the first person to put in a bid, never dreaming I'd actually win. I found out the next day I did, so apparently it was a slow night. Either that or everyone had too many vodka drinks and forgot how to use a pen. Their loss, my gain!!! I am now the proud owner of a puck and 8X10 glossy signed by Alex the Great.




The night of the 22nd, the Kings Care Foundation had a Drew Doughty jersey on the silent auction, so I figured, what the heck! The rookie needs my support, Kings Care does great things for charity, and someone will outbid me, right? Wrong again!! My cell phone rang in the middle of the 3rd period, and I ran giggling from my seats to pick up my new #8 jersey, then promptly ran to the ladies room to wear it for the rest of the game. Meg Doughty has a nice ring to it, don't ya think? OK, maybe not, but I love the jersey just the same.




And lest you think I've forgotten about Sully, rest assured I haven't. He scored a goal in our loss to the Avs, so he deserves a mention. I'm rotating his jersey with Drew's every other game from here on out. He and Drew are not only teammates but ping pong doubles partners, so I don't think Sully will mind... he'll always be my first love, and you never forget those. And I've even included a picture of him modeling the Kings new "Back in Black" third jersey, which initially I hated but is now growing on me.



If anyone needs Christmas list ideas, I don't have this jersey yet....I'm just saying....

No comments:

Post a Comment