Monday, January 25, 2010

Flat Stanley Visits The Hockey Hall of Fame

Hi everyone! It's still raining on our second day in Toronto, so it was a good day to so something inside. That meant a visit to the Hockey Hall of Fame, because Meg says when you're a hockey fan there's no better place to go.

It's just a short walk from our hotel, and the building itself is a really cool old bank!



Inside, they have all kinds of skates, jerseys, pucks and other stuff from famous NHL players. We saw so many neat things I can hardly remember them all! If you want to read more about what you can see in the Hall of Fame, I found you a good link on the Internet. Just click here and learn more!

There were a few cool displays involving people I've met or seen around Staples Center. First, we saw the exhibit honoring the Kings Director of Hockey Operations, Luc Robitaille. He was just inducted into the Hall of Fame in November, and Meg took me to the Kings game where they celebrated with him! He was an amazing player during a lot of years for the Kings, and Meg says he currently holds record for the most goals ever scored by a left wing. I guess that's why he's now in the Hall of Fame.



And I was REALLY excited to see Drew Doughty's jersey on display! I got to meet him at Tip-A-King, and he signed my jersey, except his number is 8 with the Kings. This jersey is from an international tournament he played in with Team Canada, which is why the number on the jersey is 3. I can't wait until they put one of his Kings jerseys in here, but it's pretty amazing he's in the Hall of Fame already!



But the highlight of the day was getting my official picture taken with the Stanley Cup! This is the biggest, most important trophy a hockey team can ever win, and from the size of it I can see why! Meg says the Kings have never won one, so we're hoping to bring them some luck with our visit to the Cup. When your team wins, all the players get their names engraved on it, and they stay there FOREVER! No wonder every hockey player wants to win one!



Maybe I should learn to play hockey so I can win a Stanley Cup some day. I'll bet there aren't any other Flat Stanley's on it, so I would be the first one! I think I'd make a good goalie. What position do you think I should play?

Today was so much fun, but tomorrow is going to be the best day of our visit. Because tomorrow, we finally get to see the Kings play! As Meg would say, GO KINGS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment