Friday, January 8, 2010

The Thought Locker: Random Friday Edition

Sometimes I just get a crazy craving for really cheap, bad-for-you food. So when I saw the blue and orange box on the end cap at Target, I knew I had to have it.



Making a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese is one of life's simple pleasures. Of course, it must be made - and eaten - with my favorite beat-up wooden spoon. It's the first thing I ever stole from my Mom's kitchen when I got my own place after college, and it's still my very favorite thing to cook with. Yes, it's enough pasta for 4 people. But I ate the whole thing. Directly out of the saucepan. Because I can. It's one of the last joys of single life, right up there with drinking milk straight from the carton. Because when you're single, no one's looking.



The junk food gods must have pushed me towards that box of Mac & Cheese, because I needed some comfort food when I arrived home to this:



And a fine layer of dust over EVERYTHING in my apartment.



They're redoing all the hallways in the building, so everything looks like this right now:



It's supposed to look great when it's done. Of course, it was supposed to be done TODAY based on the schedule the building sent out before Christmas. But as anyone who has lived in California for any period of time knows, nothing around here gets done on time or on budget. I guess that explains why the state is such a financial mess right now and why our leader is know as "The Governator."

On the plus side, my weekend to-do list is one item shorter. No point in cleaning this weekend, since it's pretty much a losing battle until they get the hallway cleaned up.

And since I was trying not to get covered in dust coming in the door as I was sipping my second Starbucks of the day, I managed to spill coffee down the front of my light colored 100% silk blouse. Thank goodness it's hand-washable....



***********************************************************

Is it just me, or does the baby on the Q-Tip package look like it's thinking, "Hey Mom, I'm sure you know what you're doing, but are you REALLY gonna stick that up my nose? "




***********************************************************

When a fun Friday night in Los Angeles is watching a beer league hockey game, you know you're either
  • A) hopelessly addicted to hockey in any form
  • B) A really awesome friend
  • C) Both


I answered C.



Props to Mikey, Tim and the Caribou team. You deserved a win, even though Mikey went to the box and couldn't get a sniff at the goal crease. Tim - your goal rocked, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment