Saturday, February 7, 2009

10 Year-Old Melts Heart of World's Coolest Aunt



I was having a really crappy day when I got this thank you note from my nephew Will. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you might recall I got him an iPod for Christmas this year. But since everything is a la carte with Apple, you don't get an AC adapter with the unit. Makes sense, since most people charge theirs while it's plugged into the USB port of their computer downloading music. But since my brother's computer has only one workable USB port and Will has to share with everyone else in the house, I figured he could use an alternate method to charge his new toy. Especially since he rarely put it down the entire time I was home!

So without telling my sister-in-law (I wanted it to be a surprise), I went to the Apple store online and ordered him one. My strategy worked! Here's what Will had to say...and might I mention he already has impressive computer skills!



I didn't stop smiling for about 3 hours after I opened this. Just goes to show no matter how bad life seems, kids are still the best reality check in the world about what's important. And they'll always find a way to make you smile.

THANK YOU, WILL!

1 comment: