Thursday, February 12, 2009

Return of the Kings

It's been a long 2 weeks since the Kings last home game, so I woke up this morning eagerly anticipating their return to Staples Center tonight. While they were gone, my boys won 4 of their last 5 games and pulled within 2 points of a playoff spot. So I started today's hockey festivities by updating my Kings tribute walls in my cubicle with the roster cards I've collected so far this season.



The Sully wall has now turned into the Sully and Drew wall, although content-wise it's still mostly Sully. I need to make copies of some of my Drew pictures...probably a project for this weekend. For now, I have their roster cards placed on either side of my Kings Fan license plate. Drew is on the right.



After a long and frustrating day at work, I was finally off to the game. For some reason, the Calgary Flames are one of those teams we can't seem to figure out how to beat. It doesn't help that their starting goalie, Mikka Kiprusoff, was simply outstanding tonight. We out-shot the Flames something like 34-18, but just couldn't get anything by him. So our winning streak unfortunately came to an end, but I was proud of the fact that we played a solid game overall.

We have two "Opposing Team Hotties of the Night." For Nadine, who likes her short guys, Calgary has #13 - Michael Cammalleri, who oddly enough played for the Kings last year but was traded at during last year's rookie draft. I was kind of glad to see him go. I admit he's cute, but is kinda stuck up and only wanted to talk to the really pretty girls at meet the players events, which means he pretty much ignored me. Not nice Cammy!



For those of you that like your dark and handsome hockey players a little taller (me, for instance), we have #7 - Todd Bertuzzi.



And with no win tonight, Drew retains his 4-2 lead in the Lucky Jersey contest.

Next up...the Edmonton Oilers on Saturday. What better way to spend Valentine's Day?

2 comments:

  1. I was in the middle of commenting on how fascinated madison is with your header photo when kennedy leaned over and pushed a button on the laptop making my long post-like comment disappear. so- from all three of the shemenski girls...good morning. we are reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just clicked open your blog and Madison looked at the header and said, 'Wuk Mommy-wots a stuffs!', aka look mommy lots of stuff. When I scrolled down to the pic of your cubicle she said, 'more wots a stuffs', then she was confused. i told her the other pics were hockey boys and now she is walking around the house saying, hockey boys, hockey boys. in short (OK in long)...HEY- we found our comment...now you have 2.

    ReplyDelete