Sunday, February 8, 2009

Creative Recycling

A while ago, I sorted though my jewelry chest (yes, I have an entire piece of furniture whose job is to organize my jewelry collection) after coming to the conclusion I have way to much costume jewelry I never wear. I invariably default to something silver or full of sparklies, so why do I have so much fake colored gemstone stuff? Because I can't resist a sale on cheap accessories.



Anyway, after I gathered up all this stuff, it seemed a shame to just throw it out. And then I started thinking about all the money I spend on scrapbook bling and embellishments, and got the idea to take apart the jewelry and use some of the components a little more creatively. They came in handy when I was making Valentine's Day cards today.

Here are some samples.




Everything you see was made from paper scraps, jewelry pieces, and rubber stamping supplies I already had. Much better than paying the Hallmark people $3 per card!



Now I'm gonna take the money I saved and go buy stamps so I can mail these. Fun!

2 comments:

  1. Meg, what a great idea!! I might have to steal it. I spend way too much money on all my rubber stamping/card supplies, and could definitely do some creative recycling of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute! I've thought about putting my cards on our blog and always refrained. Yours are too cute.

    ReplyDelete