Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Desert Days

Now that things have slowed down on the classroom front since the end of January, work has picked up in the travel department. At least it's local travel (for now), and it gets me back in the field seeing how what I teach in the classroom is being put to use. One of the cooler aspects of my job, actually.

I spent the first part of the week in Palm Springs doing ride alongs with field reps. I left home at 5 AM and drove 2 1/2 hours in the pouring rain to our office in Rancho Mirage. It actually rained pretty much the entire day on Monday...not exactly the weather you imagine when you're going to the desert. But the payoff came the next day. Lots of rain in the lower part of the desert means snow in the surrounding mountains, and the views on either side of Interstate 10 were breathtaking. The photos really don't do it complete justice.









Another great thing about getting in the field is the interesting things you see at body shops. Like this classic Ford Mustang getting a new paint job. Love the racing stripes!



And what's a body shop without a cool house dog? This is Humphrey...he keeps all the customers at Desert Auto Body entertained. Plus he guards cameras in his spare time. Thanks buddy!



I'll be out making the rounds and seeing more of the CA body shop world for the next two weeks. Who knows what I'll find....I think I'll keep the camera with me just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment