Friday, February 27, 2009

Airport Aesthetics



I'm finally heading home after a long week visiting our Novato, CA office. The people are great there, the scenery is beautiful (when it's not raining), and I had a lot of fun with the field reps. My apologies to Frank Harrington, though...seems the wiring in his Subaru can't handle the draw from two laptop computers and I fried the dash wiring to the cigarette lighter. Ooops! Like I told Frank, I try to leave everyone I ride with a little memory of our time together. Unfortunately, his is a repair bill....

So now I'm waiting at the Oakland airport for my old friend, Southwest Airlines, to take me back to LA, hockey, and sunshine. Oakland used to be a real crappy airport, very outdated, with lousy food choices and too-narrow aisles. In the past couple of years, it's had a major makeover, including a new terminal just for Southwest. I applaud whomever designed the place, and their efforts to make it feel less like an airport and bring a little bit of the San Francisco Bay inside. Here's a beautiful example....



Of course, I also love the fact that one of my favorite sights in any city is right next to my gate...



So now I'm all caffeinated and ready to roll. Weekend, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment