Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rain or Shine

In these rough economic times, I'm happy to involved in an industry that has at least some job security. As long as there are cars, there will be auto insurance adjusters, and I'll be training them. And Progressive is kind of like the US Postal Service...we deliver come rain or shine, wind or snow, uphill and downhill.....which means my life doesn't stop.

So immediately following Tip-a-King, I headed to the Burbank airport for a Sunday evening flight to Oakland, CA in preparation for the start of a week-long visit to our Novato, CA claims office. This is what I saw from the window of the plane upon landing in Oakland, accompanied by a warning from the flight attendants to drive carefully.



By the time I arrived at the Embassy Suites in San Rafael (about 30 minutes away), I was wet, tired, and just ready to fall into bed (which I did). It rained most of the day Monday, and I slept 10 hours straight after a busy day in the field.

At least I woke up to this on Tuesday morning...



Unfortunately it's not going to last. More rain in the forecast the rest of the week. But there is a silver lining...the raindrops make pretty pictures....



And I still have a job...so I guess I should be happy to play out in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment