Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Field Trip: Hemet, CA

I started a week full of Riverside area ride alongs today with a trip to Hemet, CA. The day started out rainy before clearing up, so while I was in the car with my rep Jeff, I got a little inspiration by learning more about the fine city of Hemet.

http://www.cityofhemet.org/tourism


Among other things, I learned about "Ramona," the oldest continuing outdoor drama in the United States and the "Official Outdoor Play of the State of California." Who knew? Maybe I need to spend more time in Riverside!

Across from our last body shop of the day is Camelot, this huge retirement community that looks like a castle. I guess that explains how Hemet ranked among Money Magazine's 2006 Top Places to Retire!



And I met another awesome body shop dog! This is Bruno, a very playful and loveable Rottweiler. Bruno kept me more than entertained playing fetch with the tennis ball, although he does have a little slobbering problem and the ball was pretty much soaked!



The "Adventures in Adjusting" tour continues tomorrow...let's hope without the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment