Saturday, January 23, 2010

Flat Stanley Goes to Canada

Ever since Meg told me we were going on a big trip, I was so excited. We've done a lot of really fun things during our time together, so a BIG trip must be something HUGE! And sure enough, when we were packing last night, I noticed Meg was bringing lots of gloves, scarves and heavy sweaters - things she usually only wears to hockey games. Today, I found out why...we're going to Toronto, Canada! Imagine, a trip to a whole other country!

When we got to the airport this morning, I got another surprise - Meg was bringing a friend with us. New people! This is Miss Nadine, and she and Meg go to all the Kings games together. I guess we're gonna talk a lot about hockey.



I slept most of the flight. After all, Meg takes me on planes all the time and they're not that big of a deal any more. But going through this airport was neat because we're in a foreign country, and lots of things will be different here than in Los Angeles.



We had to answer a bunch of questions from the border security people, and they seemed to like the fact that we were coming because of hockey. Apparently it's an even bigger deal here than it is in Los Angeles. Meg's favorite player, Drew Doughty, grew up not very far away from Toronto in London, Ontario. Lots of the other Kings players are Canadian, so for them it's like coming back home.

We took a bus to our hotel, which is right downtown.



And the best thing about our hotel is the BED! I love all the pillows, and the comforter is very soft and fluffy.



And it's a really good thing the bed is so comfy, because we've got a lot to do while we're here. Toronto is a big city and there's so much to see. I can hardly wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment