Friday, January 29, 2010

For a Good Time, See Jay Flats!

Jay Flats is a man of many talents. I became acquainted with him through (you guessed it) the Kings, in his role of in-game entertainment host. I'm sure that's not technically his job title, but Jay isn't the kind of guy who's hung up on things like titles. And come to think of it, he does a lot more than in-game stuff. Since words are failing me, let's try some pictures to help you understand what Jay does.

He conducts interviews.



He hosts Kings charity events.



He promotes products, Kings Team Store sales, and anything else the Kings are trying to sell or give away during games.



And he's even a part time ice runway model!



A huge part of Jay's job is having fun, and helping other people have fun with him. What I didn't know until recently is that Jay Flats is also funny as hell in a professional sense. That's right...Jay also does stand up comedy! He was kind enough to invite me to check out his set last night at The Icehouse in Pasadena, and since I'm on vacation for another couple of days recovering from my actual vacation in Canada, I couldn't resist.

While I'm sad to say I don't have any photos of from Jay's performance (mostly because I was laughing too hard and partly because it would have looked strange trying to take a photo in a comedy club), I can report that with the exception of the headliner (whose name escapes me at the moment), Jay was the best comedian performing. It takes a creative mind to put together a wickedly funny routine including references to iPods, 80's music, GPS voice selections, and skateboarding. As they say in comedy circles, Jay killed it! If you'd like an idea of just how funny he is, check out this link for some video of one of Jay's performances at The Comedy Store.

And by all means, if you see Jay Flats on the marquee at a comedy club near you, check him out. He's good for more than a few laughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment