Tuesday, January 5, 2010

In Training: More Than Halfway There

When I started my training/weight loss process, I got a lot of terrific suggestions from friends who have been through their own battles. One of the best ones was documenting the changes with photos. This is not a fun proposition when you're not feeling good about how you look head to toe, but I'm really glad I decided to do it. When you look at yourself in the mirror every day, it's easy to forget how far you've come, and the photos really help bring it home.

This was me at my heaviest, when I set a goal to lose 50 lbs.



The next one was taken after the first 20.



And this is me now...30 lbs down!



Yep, that's right! In spite of sickness through the end of November and much of December, and very little gym time because of it, I'm more than half way to my goal. Even though I haven't been in the gym as much, hockey has been keeping me in shape with walks almost 3 times a week back and forth to Staples Center.

The biggest thing I'm happy about is actually maintaining the weight loss I've already achieved, in spite of less than stellar habits over the past month. This is a positive sign my body is adjusting and accepting that the change can be permanent. Slow and steady wins the race.

That said, it's time to get back in the gym and get cracking! I've got another 20 pounds to lose in the next 6 months to meet my goal. Judging by the results so far, I can't wait to see what the next set of photos look like!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Woman - You are the best and can do anything. :-)

    ReplyDelete