Friday, June 5, 2009

Time to Say Goodbye...

Today at 4 PM, I signed the lease on my new apartment and the next phase of my life in Los Angeles. Tomorrow morning, I get the keys and officially start moving in. And while I get exhausted thinking about it, I'm running out of room to walk around the house since the official box count is up to 50. That doesn't even include the miscellaneous unboxed stuff that will travel in my car.



One of the sadder things I did today was say goodbye to the regular weekday staff at my favorite Starbucks on Huntington Drive. They have seen me every morning for the past 5 years. In addition to knowing my drink and breakfast sandwich order without me even asking, they always give me my first smile of the day. They're all such wonderful people, we're almost like a little family. As much as I'm looking forward to the new place, I will miss them. And now I have to train a new bunch of baristas...

Back at home, I passed my status board downstairs on the fridge. Since I travel quite a bit for work, it seemed like thoughtful thing to do to let my roommates know when I'm gone. That way they would know when they had the opportunity to enjoy unlimited bathroom access and not have to tolerate my hockey watching. So I guess it's time for one last update...



And away I go....

No comments:

Post a Comment