Sunday, June 28, 2009

Speaking of Hairstyles....

Growing up, my baby sitter and next door neighbor Judy Sarnecky had the most beautiful straight, blond hair that hung down to the middle of her back. All my life, I have wanted long straight hair. As I mentioned in my previous Farrah post, I've been cursed with naturally curly, out-of-control big hair every day of my life, so every 8 weeks or so I get a few days of happiness from looking different.

I got my hair done today, and whenever I get my color and cut, my hairdresser Ilene is always kind enough to break a sweat making it straight. It takes a lot of blow drying, patience and tons of flat ironing. It's even more of a challenge when it's hot because she knows I like to drop the top on the EOS as much as possible. So after she straightened it, she pulled some of it back and threw a little braid in.



This is after a visit to Nadine's, including some play time with her doggies, so it's a little messier than it started. But I also kind of like the fact that it's a little undone and imperfect. Kinda like me....

1 comment: