Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pizza Delivery Has Come a Long Way....

One of the bad habits I developed living in suburbia was stopping to pick up dinner somewhere every night on the way home. Baja Fresh, Subway, Jack-in-the-Box...and if I was in the mood for pizza, Little Caesars, because they have the absolute best cheesy garlic bread on earth. I would pass all of these on the commute home to the old place, so it seemed like the efficient thing to do.

Now that the freeway goes straight from my office home with no real traffic, there really isn't any place convenient to stop along the way. In part this is good, because I've been making an effort to cook more. Saves money, and it's healthier. But I had a long day at work today and just wasn't up for it, and I was craving some pizza. Domino's conveniently left a flyer in my mailbox, so I figured what the heck.

I look at the listings on the flyer, find the closest location, and pick up the phone like any good person who last ordered a pizza 6 years ago would do. After holding a bit, I caught the automated message telling me the fastest way to order was online. Since I had little patience and a now-growling stomach, I hung up the phone and hit the laptop.

And I discovered....The Pizza Tracker! Where has this been all my life!



I actually watched it process...because I'm a geek like that. And sure enough, about 5 minutes after the red bar entered the delivery section, there was a knock on my door. Behind it stood a friendly guy with my pizza. Exactly 23 minutes from the time I hit the button to place my order.

So Pizza Hut officially rocks the technology. The garlic cheese bread...still not Little Caesars.

1 comment: