Sunday, June 7, 2009

Adventures in Moving: Part 2

The movers came this morning at 8:45 am, and exactly 3 hours later they had me moved in, furniture assembled, to the new place. Without a doubt, the best $233 I have ever spent.

My day, of course, started 4 hours earlier with two last minute loads of laundry, and final packing to empty dresser drawers, etc. And continued until 5 minutes ago....

I have been on my feet the entire day, except when I made a couple of phone calls, incidentally placed to give me an excuse to sit down for 5 minutes. My calves are screaming. My arms are so bruised I look like a heroin junkie. I tore two fingernails down to the quick, and my right thumb is throbbing. I ate twice today, if you count a Diet Coke and a vending machine bag of White Cheddar Cheez-Its a meal. I have barely touched the kitchen, and everything else is about half unpacked. My refrigerator has nothing in it but 2 sports bottles of water and a bottle of champagne. I cannot recall the last time I was so physically exhausted. I'm going to sleep like a dead person tonight.

And you know what else...I'm happy. I'm going to love it here.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to SO DAMN Happy to be in your own place. It will be worth it, I promise! :-)

    ReplyDelete