Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Adventures in Moving: Part 6 (The Finale)

Well, it's been a long 10 days, but I think I'm finally done. Found some great furniture this weekend, just perfect for the size of the room. It was delivered Monday, and now the apartment is fully functional. I have a place to eat, blog, talk, watch TV, listen to music, relax, cook, entertain, and sleep. And it's a good thing, because I'm also out of decorating money!

The sofa-chair, by the way was meant to be. Not only is it comfy, it folds out into a single bed, in case someone might need to visit and stay a while! And the best part...the model is named Meghan! Nadine picked up on that little fact, and once she did, we stood there in the store, looked at each other, and knew it was a done deal.

So without further ado, the new space...finally complete!













My last stop today was Bed, Bath and Beyond, the best source for all the little stuff like throw pillows, kitchen gadgets...and a trash can. I wanted a nice stainless steel one, not one of those cheap plastic deals.

I always wondered why people included trash cans on their wedding gift registries, and now I know. These suckers are EXPENSIVE! I didn't even get the biggest, nicest one, and it still costs $129! Thank goodness for my 20% coupon, which brought the cost down to roughly a C-note. For that much money, this thing ought to make my coffee and wake me in the morning, and take out the trash all by itself! But it sure is pretty, and it's "fingerprint proof."



At least they soften the blow a little by including a package of special can liners with your purchase!



So now that my life is fully functional, this will be my last "Adventures in Moving" post. On to the more interesting business of living life...

No comments:

Post a Comment