Monday, June 29, 2009

The Only Thing Worse Than Death and Taxes....

In California, most people would agree the only thing worse than death or taxes is a visit to the DMV. Although based on the responses I got to my Facebook status update announcing my planned trip this morning, my friends in other states don't like their DMV either. No matter where you live, it's just one of life's necessary but unpleasant tasks. But given that airport security officers have been looking at me skeptically when showing them my identification, and the fact that my license expires in a month, I figured it was time for a new drivers license photo. After all, I am no longer blond and haven't had bangs in at least 6 years.

The CA DMV lets you make an appointment, which actually does decrease the wait time a bit. The fact that I was there on a Monday morning at 9 AM probably helped as well. But even at it's best, a DMV experience makes you feel like a head of cattle herded from one stall to the next. Although in CA you get herded via a loudspeaker and video monitor that calls your number.



F021? Anyone? Bueller?

I was thoroughly entertained at the decor in the waiting room. What did the sign on the wall say before they altered it? Please do leave children unattended?



And you have to love that a place handling so much sensitive personal information warns you about rise of identity theft and corresponding lack of security of the DMV trash cans.



At least it's only 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back. And now I wait for the new license to arrive in the mail. Let's hope I didn't blink in the photo....

No comments:

Post a Comment