Saturday, June 13, 2009

Adventures in Moving: Part 5

So all the boxes are finally unpacked, and everything is put away. Not completely organized (at least not to my standards), but not sitting in piles on the floor. But I'm still only about half done, and here's why.

When you enter my place and turn right, it looks like someone lives here....



But go left, and you see the problem....





Incidentally, the side table to the right is where I've been sitting and working at the computer. The box under the laptop is empty, but I needed something to get the computer to the right height. If that isn't some major MacGyver style rigging, I don't know what is.

So today I will shopping for furniture - specifically a small but elegant dining room set, affordably priced but better-than-Ikea quality. And potentially a chair for the "living room" area which will exist between the dining set and bed. But I kind of want to see how the dining stuff fits first. I'm really trying to avoid cramming too much stuff in here and making the room look smaller than it already is. Nadine, the goddess of shopping, will assist me today. I need all the help I can get!

In happier news, the kitchen is done, and I've managed to start feeding myself on a more regular basis. In fact, I went to Whole Foods the other day and actually stood there in the store, stunned, for about 5 minutes before I could figure out what to buy. When I thought about it more, I realized I haven't cooked anything but deviled eggs, crock pot meatballs, or cookies for about 3 years, and I've forgotten how to shop for a week of meals. Amazing how take-out rots your culinary brain! I'm more than excited to start correcting that.







And most importantly, the bar is open. Need I say more?



Actually, I do have one more thing. I have to give special thanks to my good friend Tanya Offerdahl for my first flower delivery in the new place!



The girl is running around after an 18 month old toddler, 8 1/2 months pregnant with BGO (Baby Girl Offerdahl) number two, working, and being a single mom when her pilot husband is at his job, yet still has time to send me flowers. Now THAT is a true friend!

OK, that's really it. I'm off in search of greatness! Wish me luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment