Friday, March 18, 2011

Seeing Green In Downtown LA

I've lived in downtown Los Angeles almost 2 years and sadly haven't seen much of my neighborhood.  I realized this during my regular walk to Staples Center for the Kings game on St. Patrick's Day.  Someone scheduled an unofficial pub crawl around downtown and I never got the news.  I just saw lots of green people.


At least the green people helped me find another Irish-themed bar only 3 blocks away from my place.

Amazing what you find when you look half a block south of Figueroa....

The only other Irish bar I knew about is the one on Figueroa I pass on the way to Staples Center.  Never stopped in, but if they have stiff drinks that will be changing soon!


Plus you have to love a bar that wants someone drunk to get their head stuck in honor of the holiday!

So I passed two Irish bars and didn't stop in for a St. Patty's day libation?  Not when they had a beer garden set up in the plaza right across the street from Staples Center!  The best part was getting to see one of those epic bottom up better dispenser thingys in action!


I quickly figured out the secret when a couple of my fingers shifted to the bottom of the cup. The only thing keeping your beer in there is a little magnet, so if you don't hold your cup by the sides, you're going to spring a leak.  We all know lost beer would be alcohol abuse, right?


And you certainly can't have a proper St. Patty's Day quaff without a drinking buddy.  Luckily I found the perfect one on the walk downtown.

Hockey babes & drinking buddies.  WE RULE!

Plus the best part of having all this downtown?  No worries about driving home!  I think we can all drink to that...

No comments:

Post a Comment