Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Flower Power

Yesterday I stopped at the supermarket after a pretty tedious day at work.  I was just there to pick up some basics for the week -- milk, cereal, cheese, eggs.  You know the drill.  Errands like these are part of the uninspired, mundane list of things we all have to do to navigate our day-to-day lives and not starve in the process.

But when I walked in the store,  I saw these.



I don't treat myself to flowers very often.  When you're trying to watch your budget, flowers just seem too indulgent to enjoy very often.   But the colors were so beautiful and they made me happy, so I figured why not?  I've spent $20 on far more silly things before that DIDN'T make me happy.

Sometimes changing your outlook is as simple as adding a little color to your world. 

1 comment: