Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Time In Ireland

In December 2006, I traveled to Ireland for a memorable 8 days with a bunch of current and former JMU band geeks who also happen to be some of my best friends in the world.   I had an amazing time, and my visit confirmed absolutely everything I had read and heard about the beauty of the Emerald Isle and the warm hospitality of it's people.

Unfortunately, I returned with a horrible cold (the Irish climate in December will do that to you), so I put all my photos in a box, intending to pull them out later and get around to making a scrapbook.  Sadly, they haven't come out of the box until today.

So in honor of St. Patrick's Day, here are a few of my favorite scenes from my Irish adventure.

Malahide Castle

 Views of the grounds around Malahide Castle


Coastal views on the drive from Dublin to Fingal County




Trinity College - Dublin

And of course, there is nothing quite as fun as watching the locals stare in awe at the biggest marching band they've even seen forming a parade down the streets of Dublin at Christmas time.


But by far the best part of the trip was sharing an Irish beverage... or two....with one of my oldest friends.

Sadly, I'm not much of a Guinness girl...
THIS is more my speed.

At least they had plenty of hangover helper in Dublin....


Cheers, everyone!  Hope you have a very Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Or as they say in Ireland, Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig!

1 comment:

  1. Such good times....one of the best trips ever!!! Thanks for posting this :-)

    ReplyDelete