Sunday, March 13, 2011

One Hour Forward, 3 Steps Back

Daylight Savings Time is a mixed bag.  It's awesome that the sun is up at 6 AM and it stays light until almost 7 PM now.  Unfortunately, the day we officially "lose" the hour is a huge psychological hurdle for me, and I never seem to get over it without falling on my face.

This is what I tripped over to start my day.




Let me explain.

I scheduled an appointment to get my hair done BEFORE I realized what today was.  An 8 AM appointment.  My hairdresser was kind enough to call me a couple of days ago and acknowledge we could both use more sleep, so she pushed it back to 9.  But since I lost an hour, it didn't make much difference.

I managed not to sleep through the alarm, which was a minor miracle, but didn't get up in enough time to have a decent breakfast since I was out of milk for cereal and would be late if I made my weekend omelette.  So I hit the vending machine in my building, which has Pop Tarts -- the TRUE breakfast of champions.  But when you're sleep deprived and cranky at losing an hour, "F0" (the Pop Tart button) looks A LOT like "E0."   So I ended up with white chocolate Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  I like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  I DETEST white chocolate.  Time for Breakfast Plan B....

Luckily there was a Starbucks drive-thru on the way to my appointment.  Since I've given up Starbucks, I had a decaf to ease the pain to my system and dug into the REAL reason I stopped there -- reduced fat turkey bacon sandwich.  So at least one thing went right today and I had a good breakfast.

My hair turned out great (my hairdresser IS a genius), but the rest of the day I was totally off kilter.  I napped off and on in between hockey games and generally got nothing done.  So now everything on the to-do list from today moves to tomorrow, and I'm still out of milk because I never made it to the store today.

Tomorrow morning should be interesting.  At least I get my full 24 hours to make it whatever it's going to be....

No comments:

Post a Comment