Thursday, March 18, 2010

Kings vs Blackhawks: This Just Feels Wrong

Have you ever had one of those days when everything just feels a little...off? And even worse, you can't pinpoint why so you can fix it? The Kings and I have a lot in common right now in this department.

Take me, for instance. Ever since I discovered the tire pressure light on in my car, things just seem different. I put air in all the tires. None of them are noticeably losing air pressure. Everything looks in order. But that nagging little light makes me question how ever bump feels, how ever turn gets maneuvered. The car feels a little more loosey-goosey than normal. Is it really happening, or is it just me thinking it? I can't explain it, but IT JUST FEELS WRONG.

The Kings are in a similar situation right now. Same guys in the line-up. No injuries (at least that anyone is willing to report). Same coaches. No system changes. And yet, nothing feels right. Everything is half a step off, one pass away, one lost rebound chance here or there. And while mistakes happened before and the outcomes were still OK, now we're losing games. And positions in the conference standings.

I'm not even going to recount the mess that became tonight's loss to the Chicago Blackhawks. It's too depressing and it really doesn't matter why it happened. It just matters that it did, and right now IT JUST FEELS WRONG.

Lucky for a me, a trip to the dealer and a quick diagnosis will tell me if there really is a problem with my car or if it's all in my head. But a hockey team isn't a car, which leaves the Kings without a certain diagnosis. Hopefully they can figure it out soon, because right now it feels like our play-off dream is slowly slipping away...and IT JUST FEELS WRONG.

********************************************************

I can't end a blog post about hockey on such a sour note, so let's talk about HOT MEN! That will cheer me up!

The Blackhawks squad gave me plenty of great choices. Sadly, Bret Sopel is not one of them.



Although it certainly is comforting to know that some things never change...he still looks as greasy as he did when he played for the Kings.

The Sopel mess aside, after examining all the other fine choices out there, it came down to two, and believe me, the final choice was tough. Rachel, I'm sorry, but Marian Hossa just doesn't make my list. And since he didn't skate much on my side of the ice during warm-ups, I didn't even get a usable photo. Oh, well.

My "Close But Not My Winner" hottie choice is Patrick Sharpe.



Canadian, 6' 1", 28 years old, left wing, associate captain. In short....ALL GOOD!

But one guy had just a little more awesome sauce for me, and that was Duncan Keith.



Granted, without the helmet off, the hair needs work. But I've got a huge soft spot for him because he's a defenceman, also an associate captain, and most importantly played HUGE minutes for Team Canada paired up with my Drewster. And any guy that teams up well with my favorite player wins by default. Plus the media voted him the #2 Star in last night's game, and that had to count for something. So Duncan, welcome to the "Opposing Team Hottie of the Night" club. See me before you leave LA and we'll do a little hair consultation...

The Kings get their next chance to turn this slide around (and stay in the play-off hunt) on Saturday, when they face John Tavares and the visiting New York Islanders. I just hope the doctor finds a diagnosis, and a cure, by then.

GO KINGS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment