Monday, March 8, 2010

Kings vs Blue Jackets: That's More Like It!

For most normal people, Monday is their least favorite day of the week. You're back at work, coming down from the fun of the weekend, and life pretty much sucks. It's a good thing my Kings aren't like most normal people. In their world, Monday is the perfect day of the week to change your luck and come away with a big win.

The game can be summarized this way - everything went right for us, and wrong for our opponents, the Columbus Blue Jackets. We got off to a ripping start in the first period, ending it with a 4-0 lead. The Jackets took a bunch of penalties throughout the game, which we turned into power play goals. And their big gun Rick Nash left the game with a lower body injury and didn't finish the game. In the end, the Kings cruised to an easy 6-0 win.

Here are a few highlights of a simply terrific Monday night:
  • Drew scored his 13th goal of the season!!!! And he's now tied for 2nd in points among all NHL defencemen. Sounds like a Norris Trophy Candidate to me!

Hey E, whaddaya say we systematically score a bunch of goals tonight? You down, Simmer?
  • Kings newcomer Fredrik Modin scored his 2nd goal tonight. We like you Freddie! Can I call you Freddie? Either way, you can stay.
  • Our goalie Jonathan Quick earned another shut-out.
  • Greener and Stolly continue their bromance, and I once again missed the perfect shot to document it by a split second.

"Face time, beh-bay!!!"
  • I was informed by 4 tweets and 1 text message from Canada that Nadine and I were on TV once again. Much love to our favorite Fox camerman Rusty, who is likely responsible. Although according to my friend Moni, I wasn't cheering enthusiastically enough.
  • And since I already have hotties from Columbus on my All-Star Hot List, I got to hang with the best warm-up play-by-play commentary crew ever!


Now the Kings are back on the road for two games in Chicago and Dallas before returning to Staples Center for a high noon start Sunday against our dreaded foes, the Nashville Predators. Until then, I'll have the radio on.

GO KINGS GO!


No comments:

Post a Comment