Saturday, September 26, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!...I Just Gotta Get There....

I was up early this morning to hit the road for Las Vegas, because today is the Kings big annual pre-season game in the desert - FROZEN FURY XII!

The past couple of years, I've flown in and stayed at the MGM Grand, where the game is held. This year, I have the advantage of a friend with a house not too far from the strip (thank you Tammy!), so I drove to take advantage of the free lodging. Four hours in the car is not my idea of fun, and it's an especially boring drive when you're doing it alone, so I ended up talking to myself after I lost reception for decent radio. I thought you might enjoy some of the random thoughts I shared with myself during the journey across the Mojave Desert.


  • I feel for the poor people in Devore, CA. It's 9 am, and already 99 degrees... they're going to melt by the end of the day.

  • I know I'm headed to Vegas, radio programmers...but I think hearing Katy Perry's "Waking Up in Vegas" 3 times in the last hour is a little much, don't you?

  • Trucks should have their own ^%$^ roads! I would be IN Vegas by now but for all these freakin' trucks!

  • HOLY CRAP! SOMEONE LOST A MATTRESS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!

  • To the idiot in the burgundy Ford Expedition...you have an entire campsite attached to the roof of your gas guzzler, and your flapping tarp is slowing you down. GET OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!

  • Damn, I could use another Starbucks right about now....

  • Taking photos of the mileage signs en route seemed like a good idea, but it's kinda hard to get an iPhone camera to focus at 90 mph...plus I have no reception to upload them to Facebook anyone. Another perfectly good idea shot to hell!
And of course, the classic line my mother so enjoyed hearing from me as a kid....ARE WE THERE YET?

No comments:

Post a Comment