Friday, September 11, 2009

Tour de Offerdahl - A Special Gift for a Special Baby

When Tanya was first pregnant with Addison, I wanted to do a scrapbook for her first year. I was tossing ideas around with my Mom (also a scrapbooker) and she told me about pre-made books she had seen that let the recipient simply add photos to already-designed pages. Perfect for a busy new mom! Well, I completed the book and gave it to Tanya at Addison's shower. It was an instant hit! I probably could have taken orders from every other mom there if I wanted to start a business.

Anyway, when Tanya announced Ava was on the way, I was busy at work and not as well organized as before. I didn't get the book done in time for her surprise shower in April, but I did finish it in time for Ava's christening. The minute she opened it, Tanya admitted she was hoping I would do another one but wasn't sure. Mission accomplished!

One thing I did better this time was remember to take some photos of the book and my page designs. The book itself I love, because it comes with a clay molding kit to do a hand or foot print that goes inside the cover of the book. Genius!



And here are just a few of my favorite pages...



This one is the first page of the book. The ALO letters are for Ava's name - Ava Lorraine Offerdahl.









Of course, Addison had so much fun helping open the gift, we used the wrapping paper to turn HER into a present!



Now the only question is when I'm going to have to make another book! Jerry, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. you got some of the best pictures! Addie never looks at the camera for me and you got pics of both girls lookong right at you!!!great blogs i printed for their scrapbooks:)

    ReplyDelete