Saturday, April 30, 2011

Crazy Kitchen Adventures (aka The Fridge Clean Out)

I'm not a very smart grocery shopper sometimes. Even though I go in to the store with a list and a general plan for what I'm doing, I don't stick completely to the plan and end up with more food than I need. Or sometimes I end up not liking the idea of what I wanted to make, and the ingredients sit there, staring at me, reminding my I'd better do something with them before they go bad.

I hate the idea of wasting food, so that means being open to a little bit of experimentation. Last night's adventure ingredients were white bread, left over spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese from the lasagna I made 3 weeks ago.


Baked in the oven for 18 minutes at 350 degrees -- Impromptu cheese pizza!


Looks good enough, so how did it taste? Just OK. It was a little soggy in the middle. Maybe I put too much sauce. Maybe I needed to toast the bread first. Maybe I should have baked it longer, but the edges were the right amount of toasty, so maybe not.

I'll get another crack at it today since I'm STILL cleaning out the fridge. Any ideas what can you do creatively with a bag of carrots?

No comments:

Post a Comment