Saturday, April 9, 2011

Why I Keep Blogging

Writing is hard work. Even when you find an inspiring topic, getting the thoughts, pictures and sounds in your head translated to words is ever easy. Making those words inspire other people is even harder.

There have been so many times in the past year I've considered not blogging any more. It's easier to share a quick thought or a photo on a social networking site than take the time to turn it into something more meaningful. But it always seems just when I'm ready to give up, the universe sends me inspiration to keep going.

I may not know exactly where I'm going, but I'll get there eventually...

I got a note today from a college friend. Her son needed to start a blog and didn't know how. She had seen my blog, checked out Blogger and it became the answer her son needed.

Everything you send out into the universe travels like a ripple on a pond. Even though you can't always see where it ends up, it impacts something or someone. For that chance, I'll keep battling to find the right words to share my story. If it helps just one other person want to share theirs, it was worth every moment I spent.

1 comment: