Friday, November 6, 2009

Toasting To Friendship for Life

Nadine's birthday is actually next week, but since Michelle was visiting this weekend it was a great excuse to celebrate early. Time for girls night out! So we headed over to Maggiano's Little Italy near Nadine's place in West Hills.



There was a bit of a wait, so we settled in at the bar for some cocktails to kick the evening off (big surprise, I know...). The wait turned out to be a longer than we thought (much longer....but that's a whole other Oprah show), so we had Nadine open her gifts too.



I, of course, challenged her with the famous glitter wrapping paper. That's the kind of friend I am! At least I over-wrapped it in purple cellophane and gave her a warning, but the glitter still went everywhere. At least that mess is gone now, so thanks for being a trooper Denie! I think the bartender hated us for making HIM be the one to throw it away, but that's the breaks.

Now Nadine is the only person I know that is so thoughtful, SHE GIVES GIFTS TO OTHER PEOPLE ON HER BIRTHDAY! Yes, you read that right. She had gifts for both Michelle and myself. And her choice for me confirms exactly why she's one of my dearest friends on the planet. It's a beautiful pendant with this inscription:

Girlfriends are the family we choose for ourselves.

So I propose a toast....

To the most beautiful, hockey loving, animal rescuing, volunteering, tennis playing and loving everyone girlfriend in my life....may the coming year bring you health, happiness, friendship, and all the love you deserve. Now make a wish!



And it just figures we'd receive a sign that brought everything back to our shared passion....hockey!



Happy Birthday Denie!

No comments:

Post a Comment