Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Flat Stanley Learns To Be A Good Sport

Hey everyone, Stanley here! I feel like every time I turn around, Meg and I are going to ANOTHER hockey game! But this is what life with Meg is like, and while I'm her guest I have to go with the flow.

Tonight was one of our most fun hockey games because I got to meet another one of Meg's friends! This is Tammy, and she and Meg work together at Progressive. And apparently Tammy likes hockey too!



I was a little confused about Tammy though, because she was the only person sitting with us that wasn't wearing a Kings jersey. Her outfit matched the other team! We don't like them, because we want the Kings to win, so I asked Meg why Tammy got to wear the other team's shirt at a Kings game.

Meg explained that Tammy grew up outside of California, near the city where this other team was from. She watched them since she was a little girl, so even though she lives in LA now, she still likes to support her hometown team. Meg also said that part of being friends with someone is understanding that they don't always like the same things you do, but you should respect their opinion anyway because differences are what make people interesting. I can certainly relate to that, being flat and all. I'm different than lots of people!

When the game was over, Tammy was happy because her team won, which meant Meg was a little sad for the Kings. But Meg also congratulated Tammy on her team winning, because she explained that part of playing a game means you have to be a good sport when someone beats you fair and square.

These hockey games sure are teaching me a lot. I asked Meg when the next one is, because I like learning new things. She explained we were going to learn a lot of new things this coming weekend, because we were going on a trip to Virginia. Boy, Meg sure leads a busy life! I'd better get some rest, because the next time I get to write something, I'll be talking to you from another state!

No comments:

Post a Comment