Sunday, November 15, 2009

Flat Stanley In The Hills

For our last stop of our Sunday around town, Meg drove me to a road called Mulholland Drive, which is very curvy and fun to drive on. We saw houses built into the hillsides here and there, but not much else besides rocks. I was getting a little impatient, but Meg told me to hang in there, because the short trip would be worth it.

Then we pulled into a small parking lot. The signs said that we were at the Mulholland Drive scenic overlook, whatever that is.





Whatever this place is, it must be pretty neat because there was an open-roof tour bus and lots of people that were also visiting.



Just as I was about to ask Meg what we were doing here, she picked me up so I c0uld get a better look over the fence that was blocking my view. I could hardly believe my eyes! You can see the entire city of Los Angeles from up here! WOW!!!!!!



And next to my hand, you can see the seats from the Hollywood Bowl, where we were earlier this afternoon! NOW I understand why they call it a bowl! They even have a special viewer you can look through to get a closer view of downtown. It works kind of like binoculars to magnify things that are far away.



And on the way back down the hill, we saw the big letters on the hillside that spell "HOLLYWOOD!" This is one of the most famous landmarks in Los Angeles, so of course we had to take a picture. It's a little hard to see, but it's right in the top center of the photo right below the little red and white tower.



Boy, am I glad Meg decided to bring me here. This was the perfect place to end such a beautiful day! I love Los Angeles!

No comments:

Post a Comment