Thursday, November 5, 2009

Since When Do Penguins Skate?

Since they've started living in Pittsburgh, PA and formed a hockey team. Man, I crack myself up sometimes!



So tonight was a HUGE deal, and one of the games I'd anxiously anticipated since the season schedule got announced. The defending Stanley Cup Champions and the Most Beautiful Man in Hockey (that would be Sidney Crosby) in my own back yard! WOW!

And it gets better! Michelle was in San Diego for a meeting earlier this week, so she took the train up this afternoon and extended her weekend to spend time with me! NOTHING better than a great hockey game with your best buddies!





This was absolutely the most exciting and solid game of hockey I've seen the Kings play this season. Come to think of it, this was one of the best played games I've seen in my years as a Kings fan. Kings beat writer Rich Hammond said it best in the game summary:

"Last night, in front of a sell-out crowd of 18,118, the Kings welcomed the defending Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins and sent them home with their first road loss of the season, 5 - 2. The game featured 2 goals from NHL leading scorer Anze Kopitar, and the Kings rallying from a 3rd period deficit for the 2nd game in a row."

One important detail left out of Rich's intro is that Drew got ANOTHER ASSIST...just the most helpful guy on the team, in my humble opinion. And he looked focused and ready to defend Mr. Crosby with his patented hip check the entire game.



And you have to love a game with a little glass breaking action. I don't recall exactly who fired this rocket, but it sure left a mark.





Speaking of Mr. Crosby, who else could I really choose as my "Opposing Team Hottie of the Night?" With Sid the Kid in the house, there really is no contest. Especially since Kris "Mr. Sexy Hair" Letang chopped his locks.





Try as I might, I couldn't get him to look at me, and he skates too fast! Slow down for the camera Sid! Geez!! Although I kind of felt bad for him during the game when he landed in the penalty box. People were swarming all around it just to get his picture. Poor guy must have felt like a caged animal.

Anyway, if you want ALL the skinny on hockey's most handsome man, check out Hockey for the Ladies, which does the job better than I ever could.

WE BEAT THE DEFENDING STANLEY CUP CHAMPS! Can we just end the season now and go to the play-offs? I think we earned the trip tonight. GO KINGS GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment